Monday, July 7, 2014

Maison Ikkoku.



I was introduced to this café by my hippiest friend, Shermaine Chang. Haha. I've always trusted her recommendations because she has the best tastes and preferences, at least according to my own standards. Come to think of it, I've never actually disliked any place she has brought me to, and have always loved the brands that she had introduced. Yay to such a great friend!

Maison Ikkoku serves the best sandwiches that I've ever had. Initially I thought my favourite was by The Plain but I guess I was wrong. I had the Roast Beef, Caramelised Pear Sandwich but it seems like they don't have it anymore. Sigh. However, since their Ciabattas are so yum, I really think that all other sandwiches will be really good too! I'm actually not a huge fan of sandwiches. Subway kind of ruined my experience with sandwiches haha. Usually the bread is too dry and tough, or that there's too much bread going on. I know you get what I mean! But this one was perfect. Perfectly crusty, hot, juicy - almost like a burger but better and healthier! (Sorry for my poor use of adjectives.)

If you happen to pass by Bugis during weekday afternoons, having lunch at Maison Ikkoku will definitely be a great decision. There's a weekday lunch special from 11.30am to 2.30pm, where you can get a complimentary drink worth $5 (coffees included) with every sandwich ordered. Sandwiches are only available on the weekday menu.

Café | Maison Ikkoku
20 Kadahar Street, Singapore 198885
Nearest MRT: Bugis (Arab Street)

No comments:

Post a Comment