Monday, August 11, 2014

@no.___










Instagram | @no.___

@no.___ features No. Ceramics by Romy Northover, as well as inspiration that the ceramicist herself has gathered. I really really love her works. The matte glaze tea cups painted with insouciant brushes are my favourites. The colour palettes used are also hues that I love. I started this whole new Pinterest board dedicated to Ceramics after I found her works on Instagram and Pinterest.

According to No.'s website, Romy Northover currently uses the Japanese techniques of Kinuneri, Tebineri and Rokuro in her works. I've read from elsewhere that she's also enrolled in a master's class for Japanese Kintsugi. The Japanese aesthetics of imperfection, irregularity and asymmetry crystallise in her works. Her works do remind me of Japanese bowls and tea vessels.

If you're interested in collecting or viewing more of Northover's works, the studio has a website and a blog at romyno.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment